Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Christ Alone

Prayer from Valley of Vision
Christ Alone
Your main plan and the end of your will
is to make Christ glorious and beloved in heaven
where he is now ascended
where one day all the elect will behold his glory
and love and glorify him for ever
Though here I love him but little
may this be my portion at last
In this world you have given me a beginning
one day it will be perfected in the realm above
You have helped me to see and know Christ, though obscurely
to take him, receive him,
to possess him, love him,
to bless him in my heart, mouth, life
Let me study and stand for discipline
and all the ways of worship
out of love for Christ
and to show my thankfulness
to see and know his will from love
to hold it in love
and daily to care for and keep this state of heart
you have led me to place all my nature and happiness
in oneness with Christ
in having heart and mind centered only on him
in being like him in communicating good to others
This is my heaven on earth
But I need the force, energy, impulses of your Spirit
to carry me on the way to my Jerusalem
Here, it is my duty
to be as Christ in this world
to do what he would do,
to live as he would live
to walk in love and meekness;
then would he be known
then would I have peace in death.

No comments:

Post a Comment