Thursday, March 31, 2011

Prayer for a Wise Walk

"For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish." Psalm 1:6


Father, O gracious God, creator of all, wondrous in majesty. Be gracious to this unworthy sinner, a sinner who has disregarded your glory. Help me to walk in the way of the righteous. My desire is to walk in wisdom, which is according to your rule. This world delights in walking in the ways of the flesh, according to the prince of the power of the air. I am temped again and again to walk away from the way marked out in your holy Word. Grant me the grace to walk in the way of Christ. It is a narrow way, a way not often traveled, but it is the way to the eternal city. Help me to despise any distractions that would hinder me on the way to heaven.


Lord, help me to set my face continually upon that great city, where I will see you face to face. Where I will bask in your presence, where I will see Christ in his marvelous glory, where your ransomed church will proclaim, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain"! I pray this in your glorious name. Amen and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment