Monday, November 28, 2011

CD Review:The Attributes of God by Shai Linne

For much of my unsaved life I was a big fan of hip hop. I listened to all the famous rappers and knew nearly every line. When God saved me, one of the things that changed was my dislike for worldly music that did not give him honor. So when I first heard of Christian rap I was a little skeptical given my past obsession with that kind of music.

But I can truly say that this CD by Shai Linne has been a tremendous encouragement and very edifying for my soul. Not only is this CD filled with fascinating lyrics and awesome beats, it is also really easy to understand what is being said. 

What is it about these lyrics that are so good? Shai Linne gives us a biblical perspective on who God is and what God has done. God is beautiful, holy, glorious, patient, loving, faithful, etc. God is also gracious in pouring out his grace and mercy to us who have sinned against him. So we can now get to know this God because of the work of the triune God in saving us.

I believe if you will listen and digest this CD about our glorious God you perhaps will learn more about God than most people who sit in church for a lifetime under shallow teaching.

Personal favorites: Faithful God, Mercy and Grace, and the Lord of Patience.


MP3 is currently $7.99 on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment