Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Savoring Jesus' Kingdom

I wanted to share something I've been doing recently in my Bible devotions. I was introduced to this method by a couple friends. Its called the SOAP method. The portion of Scripture I read was Luke 1:26-45 and I picked a couple verses that stuck out to me.


Scripture: Luke 1:30-33 (ESV). "And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in you womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord will give him the throne of his father David and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end."


Observation: The angel Gabriel announces to Mary that she will bear a son named Jesus. Jesus will be great and his kingdom will have no end.


Application: Jesus, according to his Father, is the great one. Jesus is to be worshiped for who he is, the eternal King.


Prayer: Jesus, we thank you for showing us true greatness. We thank you for giving us complete access, by your grace, to your eternal kingdom. Help us to remember our eternal home, help us to live for your kingdom, and propel us to seek to expand your kingdom with the people around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment